Monday, March 19, 2012

Blue Butterfly And Other Things

I went to the Missouri botanical garden's butterfly house last week because it's March Morpho month.  They had 3000 blue Morpho butterflies!  It really was spectacular, they were everywhere.  I had a hard time taking photos of them - none wanted to land for the perfect shot.  I did manage to get enough photos to begin a new painting filled with shadow, light and bold color:



Busy month, actually.  I'm getting ready to give a workshop on colored pencil technique to the Greater St. Louis Art Association this week.  I'm getting some pieces ready to hang at the Daniel Boone Library in Ellisville, MO. for the month of April.  One of my favorite paintings, Dancing Peppers was accepted into the Art St. Louis exhibit "Food Glorious Food":



I don't want to forget to show you my dining room!



 It's finished and I love it.  Don't mind the paint cans.

2 comments:

  1. I love the start of your new painting - beautiful! Stopping by from Blogging Buddies.
    Angie
    www.godsgrowinggarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, thanks for stopping by! I'm headed over to your blog right now...

    ReplyDelete