Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Want to Help Decorate My Studio?




It needs something...but what?  This used to be my son's bedroom, which turned into an office and finally morphed into a studio/office.  I actually like the blue wall color.  The window is pretty boring, though.  I did finally put up some art on the walls.  The 3 pieces are mine, done a long time ago, but I love them.  The painting above my desk was done by my husband's uncle.  He's an artist, oil painter, fantastic at portraits.  This one was done when my husband was a child, so it's quite special.  I have all of my stuff around me, it's very convenient.  My drafting table is a relic, but I like it.  As a colored pencil artist, I mostly need my pencils and sharpener next to me. My kids just got me an Ipad for my birthday (wow, great kids, huh?) so I have my tech stuff close at hand.   I was thinking of stenciling some words around the room near the ceiling.  You know, inspirational words like, "Get back to work."  Any other ideas?  What have you done in your studio?

22 comments:

  1. I love your studio! It's so CLEAN! Wow - my studio NEVER manages to be clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding? I cleaned it for the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how clean and neat it is! I think word art is wonderful! and maybe a brighter cheerier curtain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your own artwork would decorate it nicely. But I agree that word art can be motivational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish my studio looked half this neat. I love the word art idea mentioned above as well as using your own artwork. Put up art that inspires you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need a new window treatment, I don't like how that one cuts the window in half and is so dark. I would also move the plastic shelves behind the easel and make the easel more prominent. I like the art on the wall but you could put them on a floating shelf or hang them from wires, anything that would make them more noticeable. They are hard to see from the photo. Maybe a vase or plant on the desk too. And you must have some wonderful, thoughtful, and loving kids!! Good-looking too I bet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe some of the Wall Art sold on Etsy. There are some really cool things that would bring a feel of the Outside to the Inside!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should hang more of your own work, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of light is always good! Decorate in things that inspire you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love word art. I say do whatever you feel will inspire you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Jill. Wall art would be lively without being bulky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am impressed that it is so clean!! What if you added a white taller bookshelf, a thin rug (that is cleanable and so your chair can role), and maybe a floor vase? I think a new window treatment might be a nice idea - what about a more leafy green to go with the wall color? Just some ideas. Have fun and yes, do what inspires you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the drawing board! I would put your artwork up on the walls along with the stenciling. You can add some shelves for books. They always add such a comfy touch to a room.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My studio is always a mess. It's a wonder I get anything done. NZ has some gorgeous lettering that says CREATE that would look great in your room.
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/78145850/create-word-art-with-fine-art-prints

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, thanks everyone!! I love these ideas! After I do some of them, I'll take new pics to post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My computer desk is in the living room right now and it's beginning to drive me crazy! I need a lovely room like yours that I can decorate. I like the Get Back To Work idea... I need a screen saver that says that and that pops up every 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the idea of stenciling words, but I think you should be nicer to yourself. My daughter's old room is full of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love your studio- it sounds as though you have everything you need right at hand! ( my *workroom* is always a huge mess!)

    marilyn

    ReplyDelete