I have a new found love of food. I didn't always love food. For many years, due to a chronic illness, I had to limit salt. My cooking was bland, my food life was blah. Now that I'm able to eat normally, I'm becoming a bit adventurous. Have you noticed that I paint a lot of food? I love the colors, shapes and textures of food.
Here's one of my food photos, a set up for a new painting.
Here's the painting, "Two Scoops". I'll be posting this painting and more small works on Etsy
I recently discovered the world of food blogs. Some of these blogs have the most amazing photos of food you'll ever see! Here are my top five favorite food blogs:
1. Smitten Kitchen Written in an easy, breezy style by Deb Perelman, this food blog is about classic comfort food. No fancy food ingredients, here! Just good food & amazing photos.
2. 101 Cookbooks This one is by Heidi Swenson. She features wholesome, vegetarian recipes along with fabulous photos. The food reflects her world travels. I want to try the Baked Quinoa Patties.
3. Seven Spoons This blog has lovely photos and great writing by Tara O'Grady. She makes each recipe look and sound delicious!
4. TasteSpotting Talk about beautiful photos! Folks submit food photos, you click on the photo and are taken to the recipe. You can search by various categories.
5. Foodgawker This is the same idea as TasteSpotting. I could spend hours looking at these photos and I've tried several of the recipes. There's a "gawkerverse": dwellinggawker, weddinggawker and craftgawker.
Do you look at food blogs? Any favorites?