Sunday, November 6, 2011

House Portrait As A Holiday Gift

I finished my commissioned house portrait!  My client loved the painting and will be giving it to her parents for Christmas.  She gave me several photos of the house.  She asked me to paint snow (the photos had green grass) and her parent's Christmas decorations.  She has fond childhood memories of Christmas, so the decorations were important to her.   Just before I finished the piece, I sent her a photo via email.  After her final approval I sprayed the artwork with Prismacolor Gloss Fixative.  I put it in a ClearBag plastic sleeve with a backing board for protection.  I included my business card and a hand written thank you note.  I also had a greeting card made with her house portrait printed on the front.  I gave her this as a token of my appreciation, but I also wanted to show her what could be done with the house portrait image.  I now have a happy client who agreed to be on my monthly e-newsletter mailing list. You can sign up for my e-newsletter right on this blog!  You'll receive information about art, shows and my new colored pencil work.  Here's the finished house portrait:

No comments:

Post a Comment